Evolution: Flight, an expansion for Evolution,
introduces avian species into the ecosystem. Now your species can swoop
on unsuspecting prey from above, fly away from predators, or soar to a
new location when food is scarce. Will the ability to fly propel you to
new heights? Or will it bring your downfall? Explore the expanding
Evolution world and find out!
With this expansion, you may now choose between creating a normal
species and creating a flying species. Flying species have special costs
1. You must discard 2 cards instead of 1 to create a flying species.
2. Flying species have a maximum body size of 3 instead of 6.
3. Flying species have an upkeep cost of food equal to their Body Size.
The upkeep cost simulates the amount of food needed to maintain wings.
1. Some of the new expansion traits, like Dive-Bomb and Brood Parasite, only work for flying creatures.
2. A species with Flight may take food from the Cliff, giving it an extra source of food.
3. A species with Flight cannot be attacked unless the attacking Carnivore also has the Flight trait.
4. If a species with Flight also has the Carnivore trait, you may
discard from your hand to negate Symbiosis, Warning Call, or Climbing
for when it attacks.
The expansion changes tactics and strategy dramatically, but it
doesn't change the base game's core mechanics, so it's a snap to learn.